The JLUK Technical Centre acts as the UK satellite of an international network of technical expertise, linking 26 laboratories in 15 countries, supported by an International Road Engineering hub in Bordeaux, France.
The laboratory has eleven large-scale test machines; capable of performing over 30 different end performance tests and specialised bituminous material designs.
All material designs and performance testing is to the highest standard and a selected range is supported by our UKAS accreditation.
These tests include:
- Bitumen and aggregate conformity testing
- Performance testing of bituminous materials, in accordance with BS EN 12697
- High modulus designs including EME2
- Cold recycled material design using bitumen and emulsions
- Slurry and micro surfacing assessments
A network of site technicians measure and monitor the performance of pavement materials, particularly ensuring the safety of road surfacing through on-site measurement of skid resistance and texture depths.